Vibrant Replay! Quick-tips for Taking Back Your Power
In today’s Vibrant Replay I share my favorite 9 tips for Standing in Your Power. Listen to the show for all the goods and then use this blog as a reminder of the main ideas.
When a person is standing in her power, she's tapped in to who she is, what strengthens her, what drains her – even what might be blocking her. She knows how to recharge her batteries and makes a point of doing so!
She is caring, compassionate, flexible, creative – a fierce lioness when needed and more like a gentle kitten when it's not. When I say standing in your power I'm not talking about a strength over others…but about building and maintaining an inner strength… or strength of self; self-love, self-acceptance, self-confidence, self-care, self-worth...
9 Tips for Standing in Your Power
1. Know that you are the perfect person to be you –There is no one out there who is better qualified to be you. You have gifts, talents and challenges that are unique to you specifically and the sooner you understand and accept that, the easier it will be to stand in your power.
2. Connect with your inner wisdom – Your inner wisdom is a natural part of who you are, yet it's quite possible you aren't even aware it exists. Although it can be easily confused with the inner critic your inner wisdom is a voice you definitely want to hear. Once tuned in, this wisdom will guide you in making decisions, provide you with direction and allow you to be the vibrant, powerful mom you strive to be.
3. Move self-care to the top of your priority list – Self-care is about making sure your needs are met and amazingly, most of us (women especially) really struggle with making this a priority.
4. Become intimate with your feelings - So many of us have learned how to ignore our feelings. We've even been taught that some of them are wrong or bad and that it's important we don't allow them to show. If you want to stand in your power and live life to its fullest potential, it is imperative you tune in and learn how to release your feelings.
5. Learn the difference between your Ego & your Higher Self - Becoming aware of the difference between these two main parts of who you are is key to living the life you crave. Your ego is the human side and it feels, fears and makes you an individual. The higher self is your spiritual side and it knows you are connected to something much bigger than your individual experience. Knowing how to integrate both into your day will change your life.
6. Open to the Divine Feminine - The divine feminine is an important part of every human being. It is the feminine that allows us to dream, create, nurture, receive, replenish and collaborate with others. It is an integral part to making you whole and is worth it to embrace.
7. Figure out what fills you up, then top up your tank on a regular basis –It is critical you figure out what truly brings you pleasure and then bring more of those things into your life. This will raise your vibrational energy which in turn makes life more pleasant while also drawing more pleasurable things towards you.
8. Get to know yourself intimately - A huge part of being self-aware involves getting to know which behaviours come naturally to you and which are learned. The family you were raised in influences the kind of person you are in relationships, your love language helps you feel loved, your personality predisposes you to certain behaviours, and that's just a snippet of what makes you - YOU.
9. Create and enforce boundaries – Your boundaries help you understand what’s important to you and why. They also allow you to be clear with others so that you can assertively protect those lines in the sand. Standing in your power means having clarity around what you stand for and why and then knowing how to share that with others.